Preparing for your Consultation
If you are not used to working with an Audiologist it can be a little nerve wracking because you don’t know what to expect. Rest assured, when you come for your hearing appointment or take a hearing test, you will be in the hands of our fully qualified and trained hearing care professional. They will keep you safe and relaxed, able to answer any questions or concerns you may have.
You can take a few steps in preparing before your appointment. Our Pre-visit booklet contains key information on your appointment, and includes a set of questions that we can review during your visit. We suggest printing this out, fill in the details and bring it with you to your appointment.
If you have completed an online hearing test, you can also bring your results on the day.
Some things you can do in preparing for your appointment:
- Ask friends or family who have noticed any changes in your hearing. Make a list of what they have noticed
- Ask your friends or family to attend your appointment with you
- Write down any key medical information related to issues you have had with your ears
- Note any medications, vitamins or supplements you are taking
- Summarise your work history, especially any roles that may have exposed you to any noise
- Write down any questions you have for your hearing specialist
Got any questions not answered in our booklet? Click here for details on how to contact our Audiology clinic in Campbelltown (near Liverpool) in Sydney NSW Australia.